Make any purchase at this Mercantile link and 20% goes to support the HTHM Parents Association (which in turn supports students and teachers).
Then on Friday, November 13 at 7pm, join us for a Parent Association Wine Social with local Sommelier and Certified Napa Wine Expert Dane Kuta. Dane will lead a fun and interactive evening of learning about wine and virtual mingling with other parents/guardians. It’s a great way to meet up with other families, build community, learn and laugh together! Register HERE.
How you can prepare for this fun night in learning about wines and socializing with other HTHM families:
- To support the PA, make a purchase at Mercantile through November 6. This is not necessary to join the Wine Social but remember, 20% of proceeds go to the HTHMPA! Buy a bottle for the Wine Social and stock up on a few wines or champagne for the upcoming holidays or to drop off at a friend’s home. A list of wines that Dane will be discussing is listed at the end of this email.
- Mark the date: Friday, November 13, 2020 at 7:00pm and join the HTHMPA and Sommelier Dane Kuta for a fun and interactive Wine Social. Register HERE.
- Be sure to download the Mentimeter App from the Apple or Google Play store for free onto your phone for some fun Wine Night games.
- Watch your doorstep if you ordered wines from Mercantile and Co.!
- Attend the live Zoom Wine Evening on Friday, November 13, 2020 at 7:00pm. Make sure to register before the event!
EXPLORE FAVORITE WINE REGIONS OF ITALY AND FRANCE
Dane Kuta, Certified Sommelier, will guide you through tasting the wines while presenting fun facts about each appellation.. At the end of the night, vote for your favorite wine region of Bordeaux, The Loire Valley, South of France, Piemonte, Veneto, or Toscana. At the end of the night, we’ll determine which country emerges as the group favorite using a fun app called Mentimeter. Wines that will be highlighted during the event are listed below and available at Mercantile & Co. You might be tasting only one wine or none. The fun will be in learning about the different wines and socializing from the comfort of your couch! Below are a few wines that Dane will be discussing at the wine social:
- Château Lescalle Bordeaux Superieur ’16, $18
- Château Maurac Haut Medoc ’16, $28
The Loire Valley
- Domaine Des Quatre Routes Muscadet ’18, $14
- Domaine Vigneau-Chevreau Vouvray Silex ’18, $25
South of France
- Château Ste Eulalie Minervois Plasir ’18, $14
- Domaine La Manarine Châteauneuf du Pape ’16, $45
- Broccardo Barbera d’Alba “La Martina” ’18, $20
- Ada Nada Barbaresco “Valeirano” DOCG ’16, $40
- Broccardo Barolo “I Tre Pais” DOC ’14, $55
- Ca’ Rugate San Michele Soave Classico DOC ’18, $16
- Ca’ Rugate Rio Albo Valpolicella DOC ’17, $18
- La Torre Rosso di Montalcino DOC ’17, $40
- La Torre Brunello di Montalcino DOCG ’14, $65
About Dane Kuta: Dane is a Level 2 Certified Professional Sommelier, specializing in Italian wine with additional certifications in Napa and Bordeaux wines. He is one of only about 250 world-wide specialists holding the title of Italian Wine Professional.
Dane teaches wine appreciation classes at Mira Costa College and hosts private events, these days through Zoom. Dane’s events are engaging and entertaining – you will be sure to leave the evening with laughter and knowledge. For more information about Dane, click here.