HTH Mesa Athletics – Covid Edition
February Start Date
HTH Mesa Athletics has some exciting news to share with you!! We are able to begin practice sessions for the sports listed below. However, we are not able to compete at this time.
What are the sports that are starting?
SEASON 1 starts February 1:
- Boys and Girls Cross Country
- Boys and Girls Swim – depending on pool rentals.
SEASON 2 starts February 15:
- Boys and Girls Track – Coach O’Kelley recommends joining the XC team whether you are a field or track athlete.
How is it going to work?
Each player can only choose one sport at a time. Student-Athletes will be placed in cohorts/teams. Cohorts may not cross-cohort. One cohort = one team. Students who opt to come to school for in-person support may NOT compete in athletics. Students who compete in athletics may not come to school for in-person support.
For each student athlete to start practicing:
NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO JOIN UNLESS ALL ARE COMPLETED AND YOU ARE CLEARED BY THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
- Clearance paperwork- Athleticclearance.com paperwork is signed and paperwork is confirmed. Send confirmation email to Coach O’Kelley.
- Updated sports physical (year 20-21) completed and uploaded on your Athleticclearance.com profile.
- Access your Powerschool and fill out the in-person agreement. Upload to your athleticclearance.com profile.
- Each student athlete will have to wear a mask at all times. Yes, even during practice!
Important details regarding time and location will be sent by the coach to each student athlete who is cleared to practice. All student athletes will be socially distanced. All families and guardians will not be able to attend or observe any practices.